Our Cypriot office specialises in international litigation in Cypriot Courts and local business support.
Our contentious work involves matters such as obtaining interim injunctions in Cyprus in support of foreign proceedings, Cypriot commercial and corporate litigation, defamation proceedings and winding-up proceedings. Examples of our work include:
- representing one of Ukraine’s largest coal traders in defamation proceedings concerning a smearing campaign run via a Cypriot website;
- obtaining Norwich Pharmacal orders (i.e. disclosure orders) in support of anticipated proceedings in Cyprus against a Cypriot financial institution allegedly involved in a money laundering and multi-jurisdictional fraud;
- running complex multi-jurisdictional proceedings with their centre in Cyprus concerning conspiracy to defraud;
- representing clients in winding-up proceedings arising out of a dispute between shareholders and obtaining a worldwide freezing order to prevent asset dissipation pending winding-up; and
- advising on complex financial law issues arising out of a US$150 million claim under loan agreement and related security instruments governed by Cypriot law.
In addition to contentious work, we assist clients in establishing business in Cyprus, opening bank accounts, arranging accounting and other business support, advising on various matters of Cypriot law including GDPR compliance and dealing with real estate transactions.
We have a vast network of connections in Cyprus among criminal, tax and financial counsel, and can coordinate disputes and transactional work in these areas.